Thursday 24 April 2014

CITY INSPIRATION - NEW YORK CITY

What are your dream destinations my friends?

New York was my number one for a very long time and it lived up to every expectation and more!!

Spent a few days at Long Island with my friend & styling client Marlene - so grateful and thankful!

We hit the River Tanger Head Outlet centre and boy did we hit it hard!! It's a must see my lovelies, has anyone been there?

Had an absolute ball and was pleasantly surprised with what was on offer - Equipment, Joie, Free People, DKNY, Armani, Coach, Kate Spade, Saks Fifth Avenue, Michael Kors and Barneys New York filled with my shoe & fashion heaven on earth - Manolo Blahnik, Chloe, Oscar De La Renta and the list goes on & on. 

Then the day finally came we caught the train into NYC I tell you I was more excited than a kid in a candy store!!

It was so cold however for the first time ever I just didn't feel it - I can't stand the cold I'm a summer baby all the way but I was running on adrenalin & wanted to see as much as possible. 

I was living out every movie and tv show fantasy that I've ever watched, standing in Times Square & seeing my first yellow cab was a surreal moment that I'll never forget!! 

Walking through Central Park where Carrie & The Russian were on a horse driven snow sled - OMG I'm standing where SJP has filmed numerous episodes of SATC - yes I'm a self confessed junkie. 

Then onto the fabulous Hudson Hotel - Phillipe Starcke designed masterpiece. Loved my stay and concierge planned my days out to see as much as possible in 2 days - High line, Meatpackers District, Broadway, Soho and Little Italy. It's so unfortunate but it was impossible to cover all of this amazing city so I will be back.

Massive thank you also to Charlie who showed me the amazing nightlife and the bars of SATC - if you are in NYC please go to Charlie's Bar & Kitchen 🍴 it's a new hot spot according to New York Magazine. 

                      

              


















Hudson Hotel - spectacular!





Charlie's Bar & Kitchen - I'm heading straight to you for this burger!!

                 

Bye NYC I'll miss you till I see you next!! Love you always xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment