Sunday 6 April 2014

LOS ANGELES - CITY OF ANGELS

This wonderful trip and opportunity all came to fruition as it neared closer to my Aunty Eileen's 89th birthday.

It has been over 15 years since I've seen my beautiful grandfather's sister - a very important part of our family! So we gathered from all points of the globe to celebrate this amazing woman's very significant birthday.

The first image is of my beautiful Aunty Eileen in her younger years - simply stunning & love the vintage picture!

We also caught up with our cousins we hadn't seen since we were teenagers - exciting times! The first one was Shendelle an absolute delight and I'm so happy we have reconnected, her beautiful brother Darren and his gorgeous family Morgan, Lily and Dylan - stunning family if I do say so myself.

Then we met the gorgeous Cherie and Mystica, seemed like time hadn't passed with these two.

You let me know what you think of these amazing girls - sorry guys they are all taken and rightly so!

Tagged onto this beautiful family reunion we managed to do the Canyons, Vegas ( blog already up ), LA, New York ( blog coming ) and back to LA.

I will add some pics of the Canyons in this one or as my lovely sister said 'Ok I think I've seen enough rocks!!'

The family bonding time with my mum, dad & sister will forever be etched in my heart, few bumps along the way as happens when travelling with family - however it has brought us closer and stronger than ever as a family. Love you my Herfty's!!!

Apart from the canyons we went to Sedona which was quite a magical place, our cousins came to join us and we hit up every vintage & op shop there was in every town & have some wonderful keepsakes - vintage necklaces, gloves, leather jackets & the list goes on.

Family time with my adorable Uncle Darrell and his wife Gracie was so lovely and relaxing and we also spent some time with Aunty June, Uncle Dan and Aunty Eileen ( new name is nanna ) since she is the only one left in that generation sadly...

Shendelle and her lovely hubby showed us around the beaches - Huntington, Laguna, Salt Creek and even on a ferry ride to Balboa Island!

Our beautiful Uncle Russell took Nicole & I to Rodeo drive (own personal and close to my heart blog coming soon ) and also the very entertaining Venice Beach.

On the way home I was very privileged to hang with my close friend and other Michael Jackson devoted fan as I am - Michael Gracey - you will all know his name in a couple of years - massive things are happening for him which are well overdue!

So I got to experience another side of LA which was very Old Hollywood which I absolutely loved and felt quite surreal for those three days.

Sunset Towers where they have pre oscar parties, someone pinch me was I really in the same place where all my favourite stars were getting ready to go and receive all their deserved awards.

Soho House we went to the restaurant Boa - the atmosphere and vibe was just serene and stunning all in one breath! Then off to watch the Entourage movie being filmed - the perks of knowing someone amazing in the industry. Also a fun shoot in front of the Walt Disney Concert Hall - all my dreams have come true!

Staying at the Mondrian Hotel made it so easy to go sightseeing during the day in Beverley Hills and even hit up Melrose and The Beverley Centre. Walking past the Viper room was also a trip and paid homage to my teenage crush Johnny Depp.

Seeing Hollywood in all it's glory was a wonderful way to end a spectacular trip - thank you Michael for your generosity & friendship you are simply wonderful!

' You will never see more tanned skin, whiter teeth along with such sad eyes ' MG's eloquent and true statement of everyone trying to make it in Hollywood - pure brilliance!

That's LA in a nutshell please let me know some of your experiences in this weird & wonderful place - can't wait to hear from you!!












































No comments:

Post a Comment